John is an associate at Waldrep LLP. John obtained a B.A. in Criminal Justice from The Citadel in 2011 and his J.D., cum laude, from Wake Forest University School of Law in 2018. At Wake Forest, John served as Notes and Comments Editor for the Wake Forest Law Review, Creative and Commentary Editor for the Wake Forest Journal of Contemporary Bioethics, and was a competing member of the Wake Forest Moot Court Board. During law school, John also interned with United States District Court Judge Richard Voorhees in the Western District of North Carolina and was a summer associate at Waldrep LLP.
An avid writer, John's commentary about federalism issues in wildlife protection was published by The National Law Review in 2018. John has also drafted multiple manuscripts on bankruptcy issues for CLE presentations in North Carolina. A former law enforcement officer, John's writing on marksmanship development and training doctrine was featured in the Army Reserve Marksman, the newsletter of the U.S. Army Reserve Competitive Marksmanship Program. While in college, John coauthored a chapter reviewing comparative studies on race relations and policing for a sociology textbook published by Carolina Academic Press.
- J.D. 2018 cum laude, Wake Forest University School of Law | Notes and Comments Editor, Wake Forest Law Review | Creative and Commentary Editor, Wake Forest Journal of Contemporary Bioethics | Member, Wake Forest Moot Court Board
- B.A. 2011 The Citadel
- North Carolina, 2018
- United States District Court - Middle District of North Carolina, 2018
- United States District Court - Eastern District of North Carolina, 2018
- United States District Court - Western District of North Carolina, 2018
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association (Member - Young Lawyers Division)
Selected Publications & Presentations
- "The ABC's of Appealing Bankruptcy Cases," 41st Annual Bankruptcy Institute, Pinehurst, NC, November 2-3, 2018 (materials only)
- “Avoiding Federal Friendly Fire: Addressing the Incidental Take of Migratory Birds by State Environmental Agencies Utilizing Constructed Wetlands for Stormwater Treatment,” National Law Review (Spring 2018 Law Student Writing Contest Winner), May 9, 2018.
“Employment Law Concerns of Distressed Employers,” Western District North Carolina Bankruptcy Seminar, Charlotte, NC, May 4, 2018 (materials only)
“Current Issues in Chapter 11 Cases,” 39th Annual Bankruptcy Seminar, Middle District of North Carolina, Durham, NC, April 13–14, 2018 (materials only)